Carbon Rear Diffuser - Porsche Cayman 987
Rear diffusers are extremely efficient downforce producing devices when designed properly. We set out to produce a functional rear diffuser for the Porsche 987.1 and 987.2 using state of the art R&D processes. Utilizing scan data, CAD, and ANSYS Fluent analysis software; we were able to design and produce a functional and aesthetically pleasing rear diffuser for this Porsche chassis. The three main diffuser planes are produced from 2x2 twill, autoclave cured, carbon fiber; while the strakes are manufactured from a durable polyurethane for longevity. The entire unit bolts to chassis locations through multiple sheet metal bracketry. There is absolutely no drilling or fabrication required for installing this rear diffuser.
- Improved vehicle performance, both with downforce and drag
- Analyzed with ANSYS Fluent to improve performance given build volume
- Flows with the factory bumper lines
- Durable and replaceable strake design for improved longevity
- Modular design - Able to add on flat engine bay cover for improved performance